In answer to this question, No.
Whilst they were sapping money from anyone gullible enough to invest in them and researching and creating a noise about vaccines causing Autism, as wrong and as silly as this was, there were some on the spectrum who waved it off in saying “Let them chase their tail futilely until they get bored. It can’t hurt us.”
Now they have been stockpiling genetic material on Autism. They have been given a new and strong direction from Geraldine Dawson (who years before their inception and even whilst they were chasing their tails in the Vaccine debate) formerly director of the University of Washington’s Autism Center and a psychology professor who headed a team to make early genetic research into the causes of Autism back in 2002.
Families with two or more children with autism sought for $10.2 million study of genetic, neurobiological causes of autism
The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, one of the National Institutes of Health, is funding the study, which is also designed to develop intervention programs to assist children with the development disorder. Geraldine Dawson, director of the UW’s Autism Center and a psychology professor, heads the interdisciplinary team of researchers.
Autism Speak’s has bought on someone competent and with seemingly the respect and direction of her other scientific researchers in Autism Speaks.
So now they have purpose and direction and powerful support and researchers on the right track in establishing what Autism is and is not and the source (in genetics).
Is this a good thing? No. Autism Speaks is a worry and make no mistake
I have noted that they are having many executives with experience in institutions dealing with Birth defects and early detection of infantile and prenatal disorders. Further to this was the statement of Geraldine Dawson saying that they have been able to diagnose Autism in children at around the age of 2, and have hopes to diagnose at an earlier age. How early?
Autism Treatment Network and the Clinical Trials Network. Early detection and early behavioral intervention. Two areas in which we have made significant progress in the past several years are early diagnosis and early intervention. Screening methods for autism now exist for children as young as 18 months of age, and the American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends that all babies be screened for early signs of autism at 18 and 24 months of age. Autism Speaks and the NIH are funding several studies focused on detecting autism in even younger infants
Now. Let’s put together what we know as laymen.
They are looking at Autism diagnosis earlier than two years. They have
been stockpiling genetic tissue of Autistic people
New York, NY (October 7, 2009) – Autism Speaks’ Autism Genetic Resource Exchange (AGRE) and the Autism Tissue Program (ATP) continue to play an integral role in continuing genetic research and new findings in the complex autism inheritance and causation puzzle. In a study published in the October 7, edition of the journal Nature, an extensive research team of more than 75 research institutions identified semaphoring 5A, a gene implicated in the growth of neurons to form proper contacts and connections with other neurons. Previous studies have reported lower levels of this protein in blood samples from individuals with autism as compared to controls. In this study, the researchers were also able to extend that observation to the brain tissue of individuals with autism vs. control” brains.
And they have many people in the executive with central roles in areas that specialised in early and prenatal detection.
IF they could detect genetically the possible predisposition of the unborn child to being on the Autism spectrum they COULD tell the expectant parents. (Just like they do with children with possible/suspected Down’s Syndrome).
Now IF the pregnancy is terminated, they will NOT be responsible for it. If babies are going to be terminated before birth to the extent they are in comparison with Down Syndrome babies, then Autism rates may drop from 1 in 155 to maybe 1 in every 3100. Those autistic children that do get born can be medicated with the potions from their friends in Pharmaceutical from that they are paid for patenting from results of their genetic research.
Here grab some popcorn and have a look.
I hope you had a strong stomach.
Here is where they “staged” the whole clip.
Oh here is a second course
Just in case you thought I was overstating the whole “distancing themselves thing” or the legal disclaimers to the videos they launch and promote…here we go
Now consider this
This DOES sound rather radical and fearmongering BUT….
1. CLASSIFICATION: All cultures have categories to distinguish people into “us and them” by ethnicity, race, religion, or nationality: German and Jew, Hutu and Tutsi.
2. SYMBOLIZATION: We give names or other symbols to the classifications. We name people “Jews” or “Gypsies”, or distinguish them by colors or dress; and apply the symbols to members of groups. Classification and symbolization are universally human and do not necessarily result in genocide unless they lead to the next stage, dehumanization.
3. DEHUMANIZATION: One group denies the humanity of the other group. Members of it are equated with animals, vermin, insects or diseases. Dehumanization overcomes the normal human revulsion against murder.
4. ORGANIZATION: Genocide is always organized, usually by the state, often using militias to provide deniability of state responsibility
5. POLARIZATION: Extremists drive the groups apart. Hate groups broadcast polarizing propaganda. Laws may forbid intermarriage or social interaction.
6. PREPARATION: Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity. Death lists are drawn up. Members of victim groups are forced to wear identifying symbols.
7. EXTERMINATION: begins, and quickly becomes the mass killing legally called “genocide.” It is “extermination” to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human. When it is sponsored by the state, the armed forces often work with militias to do the killing.
8. DENIAL is the eighth stage that always follows a genocide. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. The perpetrators of genocide dig up the mass graves, burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committed any crimes, and often blame what happened on the victims. They block investigations of the crimes, and continue to govern until driven from power by force, when they flee into exile.
Autism Speaks has the ear of people in very high places.
The founders of Autism Speak(s the Wright’s) got a commendation from the Pope?
We see the money shoveled to their organisation from BIG corporate organisations and more from government funding – effectively drying up other autism charities, we can presume them to be a little worrying if their image of Autism is damaging.
The videos show nothing less than dehumanistion of Autistic people?
The genetic stockpiling does lead you to question how it may be used by parties related to such dehumanising mindsets. Identification?
Are they state funded? Look at their success in PR and receiving funds and support in government.
Do they have any people on the spectrum in their organisation, in positions of genuine power to help moderate things that are against the rights of Autistic people?
Are they extremist? Look at the videos again.
Are you frightened? I am.